FOBISIA schools win in The International School Awards 2023
The International School Awards 2023 took place virtually on Tuesday 24th of January. 291 applications were received this year from international schools in 61 countries.
The International School Awards were hosted by ISC Research and they recognise outstanding initiatives being implemented in English-medium international schools around the world. The ten award categories include various important aspects of international school life, including innovation and creativity in learning, ethical values in education, community partnership and the future pathways of students.An independent judging panel of 13 international education experts selected the winners.
International School of the Year 2023
The International School of the Year 2023 was awarded to our Member School Tanglin Trust School in Singapore. The school was selected by the judging panel for implementing two outstanding initiatives.
In addition to winning the International School of the Year award, FOBISIA Member schools also won four of the ten category awards:
- North London Collegiate School Jeju in South Korea won the Safeguarding Award for its initiative to confront suicidal ideation, involving training to develop skilled intervention of school community members.
- Rugby School Thailand won the Innovation and Creativity in Learning Award for an augmented reality (AR) initiative that has developed the use of AR in extensive ways.
- Tanglin Trust School in Singapore won the Ethical Values Education Award for embedding the rights of children into the school’s ethos and culture as part of an initiative that has also achieved the Gold UNICEF Rights Respecting Schools Award (RRSA).
- The British School of Brussels in Belgium won the Future Pathways Award for offering students the opportunity to experience a wide variety of subject choices that can lead to future success, including one-to-one mentoring, non-traditional workplace experiences and talks from school alumni and professionals.
Other Category Winners
In addition to the FOBISIA winners, the other individual category winners were:
- British International School of Houston, USA, won the DEIJ Award
- British School of Bahrain won the Wellbeing Award
- International College Hong Kong (ICHK) Hong Lok Yuen won the Sustainability Award
- Marymount school in Barranquilla, Colombia, won the Digital Technology in Learning Award
- The American School of Warsaw in Poland won the Community Partnership Award
- Western Academy of Beijing in China won the Strategic Leadership Award
ISC Research hosts the awards to highlight and share innovative practices from international schools around the world. You can view a recording of the awards ceremony and learn more about the award-winning and shortlisted initiatives on the ISC Research website.