VACANCY AT JERUDONG INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
FOR JANUARY 2021
Position: KEY STAGE 1 TEACHER with PHASE LEADERSHIP
We are looking for well qualified and inspirational teachers who empathise with the academic and holistic ethos found in top UK and International Schools; and who will wish to become fully involved with both pastoral care and co-curricular activity within the school. Previous overseas experience is not essential. However, the desire to work in a genuinely international community is.
To apply, please complete the Application Form to be found in the Employment section on the school website (https://www.jerudonginternationalschool.com/), where you will also find further details of the post. Please ensure your CV includes a recent photo, and full contact details, including email address, of two professional referees (one should be the applicant’s current and most recent employer).
The closing date for applications is Friday, 25th September 2020 although early applications would be most appreciated. Interviews will be by Skype.
Jerudong International School (Brunei)
- One of the leading International Schools in Asia; situated in Brunei, on the tropical island of Borneo.
- Independent Boarding/Day School, with 1600 students on roll, aged 3-18 (6th Form of c350).
- Exceptional facilities and resources, with a beautiful 120-acre campus.
- Member of HMC, BSA, FOBISIA and COBIS.
- British Curriculum, leading to (I)GCSEs, A Levels and IB Diploma.
- Highly competitive tax free Salary (+ package including Gratuity, Accommodation, Relocation Allowance, Medical Insurance, Annual Flight home, discounted school fees for children).
- c175 Expatriate teachers, mainly from the UK, Australia and New Zealand. Initial 2 Year Contract, but the vast majority stay much longer than that. Currently, over 100 staff children attend JIS.
The safe recruitment of all staff (including: consultants/ contractors/ supply teachers, activity providers and volunteers) in schools is the first step to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children in education. At Jerudong International School we ensure the practice of safe recruitment in checking and recording the suitability of staff and volunteers to work with children.
As part of the safe recruitment procedure, we will require the following information prior to starting work at JIS:
- Up to date police records from a teacher’s country of origin and previous country of employment.
- Two references, one of which must be from the current employer. If a teacher has worked in two or more schools, within 5 years, telephone contact will be made with those schools to ask why the teacher is leaving and if there were any concerns of a safety nature with children.