THE BRITISH SCHOOL KATHMANDU
Salary: This will be commensurate with the importance of the post and experience of the successful candidate and includes a competitive package of fee remission, annual flights, housing allowance and private health care. Link to the brochure here.
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Date Posted: 14 Sept 2020
Closing date: 5 Oct 2020
Start date: August 2021
Why You’ll Love Working at The British School Kathmandu (TBS)
This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual seeking a leadership role in a school which focuses on excellence and kindness at the top of the world! We are a vibrant learning community and are committed to a broad, holistic education and our diverse co-curricular programme provides a wide range of opportunities to discover and develop new talents. We are committed to excellence in teaching to ensure that we create an appropriately challenging learning journey for each and every child in our school. We believe children should understand the world around them and their place within it and they should always act with kindness. TBS goes far beyond most international schools to create intentional opportunities for every student and staff to build relationships with the greater Kathmandu community through our long history of community service. But what makes TBS the most unique? Definitely our sense of community and the strong relationships that exist within it. This is encapsulated by our diverse and supportive parent community, which are often found in school each morning and afternoon by the coffee cart!
What You Will Do:
- Build a strong and trusting relationship with the school’s Board of Governors.
- Ensure the continued growth and success of The British School in achieving excellent standards through offering the highest quality of education in an international context.
- Provide a clear vision, leadership, and sense of direction that supports the ethos of TBS.
- Coordinate and manage the work of Senior Management Team (SMT) & Leadership Team (LT).
- Successfully market the school and to maintain the school’s good reputation amongst the local and international schools’ community.
Why We Are Excited About You:
- A genuine commitment to the ethos and educational vision of TBS.
- A strong sense of service and an intrinsic commitment to meaningful engagement with the wider community.
- An outstanding senior leader with a commitment to innovation in teaching and learning.
- A clear grasp of the business aspects of effective school leadership.
- Experience leading high performing teams and a leadership style which empowers, supports, and builds leadership capacity in others.
- Fully committed to the ongoing professional development of our faculty and staff.
- A strong understanding of the pastoral needs of third culture students in an international community.
- A sense of adventure, high levels of resilience, comfort with ambiguity and the flexibility to adapt to life in Kathmandu.
- Belief that every child deserves an education regardless of academic ability.
Why Our Students Are Excited About You:
- You make learning enjoyable, engaging and challenging.
- You care about us and take an interest in who we are.
- You can make us laugh
- You like to build rocket ships!
To submit an application, please email your CV and covering letter to Mr. Peter Graif, Board of Governors, Chair: email@example.com by October 5, 2020. The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The British School Kathmandu reserves the right to appoint this position at any time in the application process should the right candidate be found.
This job posting has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required or assigned to an employee in this position.
The British School Kathmandu is an equal opportunity employer and provides opportunities to all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or disability.