Commencing January 2022
Marlborough College Malaysia opened in 2012 and is a British day and boarding school for pupils aged 3-18 years. We live and work in a safe and spacious 90-acre campus in southern Malaysia, reminiscent of the generous grounds and playing fields of Marlborough College in the UK. Guided by our principles of compassion, companionship and conversation, Marlborough College Malaysia gives its boys and girls the space, inspiration and courage to explore their own potential, the wonders of our world and their responsibilities to it and to each other.
The College is arranged in a Prep School (3-13) and a Senior School (14-18) and it currently has 760 pupils, around 394 of whom are in the Prep and 120 of whom are in the Sixth Form. Pupils from the age of nine may choose to board and approximately a third of those who are eligible do so, with almost half of the Senior School and most of the Sixth Form boarding.
While very British in ethos and with a Common Room largely drawn from some of the UK’s leading schools, the College is also truly international, celebrating diversity and a global outlook with children representing over 45 nationalities. Around half of our pupils are from expatriate families.
The College is very well-resourced and enjoys an enviable reputation for its pupils’ achievements on a broad variety of fronts. It is one of the few schools in Asia to achieve membership of HMC, an association of the world’s leading independent schools, to have the Council of British International Schools’ coveted “Beacon” status and to have won international plaudits for innovation and excellence from the UK’s Boarding Schools’ Association.
Reporting to the Deputy Head Pastoral
• To provide a high-quality counselling and support service to pupils experiencing personal, social or emotional concerns, affecting their overall well-being.
• To contribute to the safeguarding and the promotion of health and wellbeing of all pupils.
• To train pupils so they can provide a level of support to their peers. This will include further developing the effective Peer Mentor scheme across the College.
• To contribute toward a framework which enables pupils to flourish. This will include working closely with the College Wellbeing Team and pastoral managers.
• To train staff in the basic tenets of counselling and enable them to better understand the pressures on individuals and the possible root causes of particular behavioural patterns.
• To form effective working relationships with all members of the MCM community.
Full information can be found in the Job Description document below.
The Recruitment Process
If you feel that you can meet these requirements, then please submit a letter of application along with the application form to the Master by Monday 4th October 2021. A CV is not required but may be submitted at the discretion of the applicant. Interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place soon after.
Applications should be addressed to the Master and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Marlborough College Malaysia is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be prepared to undergo stringent child protection screening including checks with past employers and an enhanced DBS or equivalent is required.