We are seeking to recruit a high calibre teacher for August 2021.
Led by our Head of Department for Bahasa Malaysia, our talented Bahasa Malaysia team teaches advanced and foreign language Bahasa Malaysia to Key Stage 3 students. They also teach First and Foreign Language (I)GCSE Malay (Cambridge) to Key Stage 4 students. We are looking for an experienced and outstanding teacher of Bahasa Malaysia across the secondary age range, with an excellent track record of teaching success. The successful candidate will:
● Have an undergraduate degree and a recognised teaching qualification with two years post-qualification teaching experience
● Be an experienced teacher of Bahasa Malaysia (first and foreign language), ideally in an international school
● Have experience of teaching British qualifications, especially (I)GCSE
● Have excellent written and spoken English
● Be committed to their own professional growth and to supporting that of their colleagues
● Be willing to go the extra mile for all students both academically and pastorally
● Have the experience and ability to teach in an online environment if and when circumstances dictate a need to do so
To apply, you MUST go through the TES online system. Please ensure that your online application and supporting statement clearly show how you meet the job description and person specification for this role at Alice Smith. Please also upload a photo in PDF form in the supporting evidence section at the end of the application form. To be considered for this role, please fully complete all sections of the application form.
The KLASS benefits package includes a highly competitive salary, excellent medical insurance, contract renewal incentives and free school places for dependent children.
Closing date for applications is Sunday 13th June 2021
The recruitment process and safer recruitment statement
Longlisted candidates will be asked to complete an initial automated video interview on Sonru at their convenience. Following this, shortlisted candidates will be invited to take part in a final interview process, which is likely to be virtual via Zoom.
The Alice Smith School is committed to safeguarding children and young people through safer recruitment practices. The school's recruitment protocols adhere to the standards set for accredited British Schools Overseas. Candidate references will be checked and qualifications attested. Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), International Child Protection Certificate (ICPC) or local police checks are required, together with a Statement of Medical Fitness.