JOIN OUR INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP
In an effort to retain the substantial breadth and depth of institutional knowledge that exists within Member Schools in the region, FOBISIA offers a category of membership for individuals who have held Headships of FOBISIA Member Schools in the past.
Individual Membership Benefits
The benefits of becoming an Individual Member of FOBISIA include:
- An invitation to attend FOBISIA meetings and events, including the biannual Heads’ Business Meetings,
annual AGM, annual Leadership Conference;
- Opportunities to sit on the FOBISIA Board to share valuable expertise and experience and contribute to the strategic planning and direction of the Federation;
- A listing on FOBISIA’s website and in the FOBISIA Membership Handbook & Directory;
- A formal welcome in FOBISIA’s membership eMagazine, THE FOBISIAN;
- Permission to use the FOBISIA logo; and
- A FOBISIA Individual Membership Certificate and Badge.
There are two subcategories of Individual Membership which are Ordinary Individual Membership and Honorary Membership.
- Honorary Membership aims to recognise former Chairs of the FOBISIA Board, along with Founding Members, for their leadership over the history of the Federation.
- Ordinary Individual Membership recognises former Heads of FOBISIA Member Schools.
To nominate for Individual Membership of FOBISIA, a proposal, or Expression of Interest (EOI), is to be submitted to FOBISIA HQ, including:
- a Letter of Introduction (including acknowledgement that you have read and understood these guidelines);
- a Nomination Form; and
- a signed Code of Conduct.
The Letter of Introduction outlines the nominee’s work history in FOBISIA Member School's and why they are seeking Individual Membership. The Nomination Form provides details of the nominee, as well as the proposer and two seconders, which must be existing Heads of FOBISIA Member Schools. In being admitted to the Federation Individual Members must meet the expectations set out in FOBISIA’s Code of Conduct for Individual Members. FOBISIA HQ can support the application process.
Once complete, the expression of interest is submitted by the nominee to FOBISIA HQ who will refer it to FOBISIA’s Membership Committee for a recommendation for approval to elect (or co-opt) them as Individual Members of the Federation, on behalf of the FOBISIA Board.
The proposal will be considered at the next meeting of the FOBISIA Board. An individual is considered approved upon receiving fifty per cent (50%) or more of the vote of the members of the FOBISIA Board present at the meeting.
Individuals proposed and seconded for election as Co-opted Members will normally be a leaving or retiring member, or may be individuals who have been closely associated with the Federation.
The Board reserves the right not to approve Individual Membership Applications, where there is evidence that the nominee is not fit for admission.
Read this booklet on frequently asked questions about FOBISIA Individual Membership.