Education Development Trust, formerly CfBT, is a leading British not-for-profit education organisation, providing a range of education services in the UK and internationally. Education Development Trust's main mission is to assist schools to be as effective as they can be.
Established over 40 years ago, Education Development Trust has extensive experience in the areas of quality assurance and school improvement, which makes Education Development Trust uniquely well qualified to provide educational expertise and support to schools on a global basis.
Areas of expertise include:
- Accreditation with the International Schools Quality Mark (ISQM)
- School Inspection: one of three inspection providers for Ofsted in England and for the DfE of inspections of British Schools Overseas (BSO)
- Leadership Development: working closely with the National College for School Leadership
- School Improvement: management of services for Local Authorities in the UK; consultancy services worldwide including international - public and private partnership
- School Management: ownership of schools in the UK, provision of school management support and design internationally.